Friday, February 20, 2009

The Bad Apple & The Good Leader

Thanks go out to my long time mentor Howard Fear for this article;
Coding Horror: The Bad Apple: Group Poison.

As I reflect on current and past teams I have to agree with every one of the points. Bad Apples to quickly destroy a great team, and great leaders minimize bad apples and raise the qualities of the whole team.

Human nature seems to enjoy the bad, the cynic, the non-positive. The challenge for me always seems to be in finding the good and creating the positive environment. But I too, reflect human nature, more often than I care to admit. Sinking to being part of the bad apples is way too easy, being a good leader is a real struggle.

This article is a great challenge to step up to the positive leadership role that we are all called to live.

Thanks Howard.


No comments:

ShareThis